We spent our last night in Buenos Aires at the same restaurant we went to the first night. Here’s what we’ve learned in a month in Buenos Aires.
- 10:30 is a good time to go out for dinner. Midnight is not. They were done for the night, but still seated us.
- Our Spanish still needs work. We ordered 3 different steaks. When they came one turned out to be chicken.
- Steaks taste a lot better than organs (at least the one organ I’ve tried so far). We got a flank and skirt steak. Both were really good.
- They don’t call it skirt steak here. Jeff tried to buy a “lomo de falda” at a butcher the next day which made the butcher laugh.
- Pictures of gauchos holding giant knives should not scare you.
- You need to use caution when salting. Salt shakers run really fast here.
- Dulce de leche ice cream rocks